This romantic card is perfect for sending Christmas wishes to a loved one. These glittery hearts would look good on gift wrap and tags, too.
Materials of Sparkling Hearts
- Sheet cream handmade textured paper
- Craft knife
- Metal ruler
- Cutting mat
- Sheet red handmade paper
- Double-sided tape
- Sheet white textured cardstock
- Sheet white line-embossed paper
- Gold glitter glue
- Glue stick
- Sheet red glitter paper
Set aside half an hour to make this card.
A single heart would look good layered on a selection of handmade papers and set in the center of a square card base.
1. Cut a 6¾” x 7″ (17 x 18cm) shape from the cream paper. Score and fold in half to make the card base. Tear a 6½” x 2¾” (16.5 x 7cm) rectangle from the red paper. Use double-sided tape to attach it in a central position to the card front.
2. Cut a 6″ x 2½” (15 x 6cm) rectangle from the white textured cardstock. Attach it in a central position on the red paper with double-sided tape.
3. Tear out three 1¾” x 2″ (4.5 x 5cm) pieces of white line-embossed paper. Edge the torn pieces with gold glitter glue and set aside to dry.
4. Use it to cut three heart shapes from the red paper. Use a glue stick to attach them to the red glitter paper. Cut around each heart shape, leaving a narrow border of red glitter paper.
5. Glue the hearts onto the gold-edged torn white paper pieces to create the motifs. Using double-sided tape, attach the central heart motif to the card, then position the other two hearts