This matte slime is soothing and relaxing to play with, and it’s fun to spread. This slime will ooze through your fingers but it’s very easy to get off your hands.
What you’ll need for Soft Serve Slime
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing tool (spoon, spatula, or stir stick)
- An airtight container
Soft Serve Slime Ingredients
- 1 cup (250 ml) white PVA glue
- Approximately ½ cup (125 ml) foaming hand soap
- 2 cups (500 ml) cornstarch, divided
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) lotion, divided
- An activator
- Color additive
- 1 to 3 drops of fragrance oil
- Approximately 20 fluid ounces (645 ml)
Peachy Dreams: Soft Serve Slime + red and yellow coloring
Strawberry Dreams: Soft Serve Slime + pink coloring
Marshmallow Dreams: Soft Serve Slime + marshmallow fragrance oil
Honeydew Dreams: Soft Serve Slime + green coloring
Blueberry Dreams: Soft Serve Slime + blue coloring
1. Place the glue in a large bowl. Add the foaming hand soap, 1 cup (250 ml) of the cornstarch, and 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the lotion to the glue. Add color and/or fragrance oil if you like (see A). Mix thoroughly.
2. Add activator in small amounts, about 1 or 2 tablespoons (15 or 30 ml) at a time (see B). See the guidelines for the recommended amounts of each type of activator. Be sure to add only one type of activator to each batch of slime. The measurement isn’t exact because different glues activate differently. Also, the amount you add will affect the slime’s consistency, and you can adjust it to achieve a consistency you like.
3. Once the mixture is slightly sticky, start to knead the slime (see C). Dip your fingers in activator before kneading so less slime will stick to your hands. Remember: Playing with slime is the best way to mix it fully and achieve the best possible texture.
4. Add up to the remaining 1 cup (125 g) cornstarch if the slime isn’t matte enough for your liking. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lotion for extra stretchiness (see D).
5. Store the finished slime in an airtight container so it doesn’t dry out.