Gift tags decorated with paper flowers look lovely attached to a birthday present. Purchase a bunch of different paper flowers and experiment with backgrounds and layers.
A sheet of angel hair paper and a bunch of red paper rosebuds were used to create this beautiful card. To create a wonderful birthday card, use pink roses and pink paper instead.
Roses are Red Materials
- Letter/A5 sheet pink cardstock
- Metal ruler
- Sheet white translucent paper
- Sheet angel hair paper
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
- Double-sided tape
- Sheet red handmade paper
- Small piece green cardstock
- Small piece white cardstock
- 2 paper rosebuds
- Gold yarn
- White glue
- 2 red heart sequins
Once the shapes are cut out, this card takes no time to make at all.
To make a simple but unique card, attach a small bunch of silk lily of the valley to a sage green card base.
1. If using letter-sized pink cardstock, trim to 8½” x 5 13/16″ (21.6 x 14.8cm) (A5). Score and fold to create the card base. Measure and cut out 4¼” x 2¼” (10.5 x 5.5cm) rectangles of white translucent and angel hair paper. Use double-sided tape to attach the white translucent paper in a central position on the card base. Adhere the angel hair paper on top.
2. Tear a 3¼” x 1¾” (8 x 4.5cm) rectangle from the red handmade paper. Cut a 2¾” x 1½” (7 x 3.5cm) rectangle from the green cardstock and a 2½” x 1¼” (6.5 x 3cm) rectangle from the white cardstock. Using double-sided tape, layer the red paper, the green cardstock, and finally the white cardstock onto the angel hair paper.
3. Tie the two rosebud stems together with a 4″ (10cm) length of gold yarn. Use white glue to attach firmly in place on the card.
4. Trim the ends of the yarn to about ¾” (2cm) in length. Use double-sided tape to attach the red heart sequins to the ends of the yarn.