This clear glue-based slime is somehow fluffy yet translucent! The special ingredient in this slime creates a unique texture that will have you never wanting to put it down. You don’t need to crush orbeez (polymer beads that absorb water) or cut open a diaper for this slime-all you need to do is add water!
What you’ll need for making Gem Slime
Gem Slime Making Equipment
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing tool (spoon, spatula, or stir stick)
- An airtight container
Gem Slime Ingredients
- One batch of Basic Clear Glue Slime (see here)
- ¾ cup (180 ml) Super-Absorbent Polymer (by volume when water is added)
Optional for Gem Slime
- Color additive
- 1 to 3 drops of fragrance oil
- Approximately 14 fluid ounces (440 ml)
Gem Slime Variations
Amethyst Gem Slime: Basic Clear Glue Slime (see here) + purple coloring + SAP
Diamond Gem Slime: Basic Clear Glue Slime + SAP + fine silver glitter
Bold Gem Slime: Basic Clear Glue Slime + red coloring + SAP
1. Make Basic Clear Glue Slime that is very sticky and stretchy. The slime needs to be able to hold the SAP. Optionally, add coloring and/or fragrance oil when making the slime (see A).
2. Add water to the SAP according to the package directions and mix well. Measure the correct amount to add to the slime (see B).
3. Mix the slime and SAP beads together thoroughly (see C). If the mixture is too sticky, add more activator. Remember: Playing with slime is the best way to fully mix the SAP and slime together.
4. Store the finished slime in an airtight container so it doesn’t dry out