This stylish card is made from foam sheets that come in a wonderful array of colors and are easy to shape, cut, and stick.
Funky Foam Flowers Materials
- Letter/A4 sheet spring green cardstock
- Craft knife
- Cutting mat
- Metal ruler
- Scrap paper
- Half letter/A5 sheet blue cardstock
- Green, blue, pink, and purple foam sheets
- Double-sided tape
- Pink and purple 3D paint
This card takes a little time to make, as you need to cut the foam carefully.
Make a Valentine’s card with red, white, and hot pink layers decorated with red hearts. Embellish with silver 3D paint.
1. Cut an 8½” x 4¼” (22 x 11cm) rectangle from the sheet of green cardstock. Score and fold to create the card base. Draw around the largest square shape onto the blue cardstock and cut the shape out.
2. Cut the medium square out of green foam and the small square out of blue foam. Cut out two large flowers from pink foam, one large and one small flower from purple foam, and three leaves from green foam.
3. Take the green card base and, using double-sided tape, attach the blue cardstock layer, followed by the green foam layer and the blue foam layer.
4. Use double-sided tape to attach the flower and leaf shapes. Refer to the photograph for their positioning.
5. Decorate the card with 3D paint using pink on the purple flowers and purple on the pink flowers, as well as the corners of the blue cardstock.
Cut out a selection of flowers and leaves from the foam sheets and use them to decorate gift boxes and cards. You might want to try the design in a different color scheme.