This is the hardest slime to make. Patience is key when making this. If the slime is not stretchy enough when you are finished, try placing it in some warm water for a few seconds at a time. The added water should also make the slime clear the air bubbles faster. But make sure you do not add too much water, because it can impact the clearness of the slime and even make it tear easily instead of stretching. Please keep in mind that any fragrance oil can also make your slime cloudy. Also, the activator you decide to use may not clear nicely, instead making your slime cloudy. In my experience, using contact lens solution and baking soda as an activator clears the best.
Completely Clear Slime material list
- Large bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing tool (spoon, spatula, or stir stick)
- An airtight container
Completely Clear Slime Ingredients
- 1 cup (250 ml) clear PVA glue (such as Elmer’s School Glue)
- An activator
- Approximately 14 fluid ounces (420 ml)
1. Clean all equipment thoroughly. Place the glue in a large bowl. Pour slowly for the least amount of bubbles (see A).
2. Add your activator to the glue in small amounts, no more than 2 tablespoons (30 ml) at a time (see B). See the guidelines for the recommended amounts of each type of activator. Be sure to add only one type of activator to each batch of slime. For the clearest possible slime, mix slowly. Feel free to mix quickly, but you will need to wait longer for the slime to clear because there will be more bubbles.
3. Stir the mixture well after adding activator to make sure you don’t add too much. Also, the amount you add will affect the slime’s consistency, and you can adjust it to achieve a consistency you like. Do not knead the slime. The oils on your hands will transfer to the glue mixture (see C).
4. Store the finished slime in an airtight container so it doesn’t dry out. The slime will clear up in 2 to 5 days, depending on how vigorously you stirred it. When playing with the slime, remember to have clean hands because anything on your hands will be seen in the clear slime.
Detox Water Slime = Basic Clear Glue Slime + a variety of fruit polymer clay canes
Crystal Slime = Basic Clear Glue Slime + fine silver glitter
Lemon Water Slime = Basic Clear Glue Slime + lemon polymer clay canes